Financial Center First Credit Union serves consumers who live or work in Boone, Brown, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, Putnam, and Shelby Counties as well as other special groups.
We are a member-owned, not-for-profit, co-operative organization whose members received $2.7 million in direct financial benefits in 2014 in the form of lower loan rates, higher savings rates, and fewer fees than other banking institutions according to the Credit Union National Association. And Financial Center employs 160 people and is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Over 54,000 members take advantage of favorable deposit and loan rates as well as reduced fees by banking with our Indianapolis-based credit union.
Our Credit Union mission is to Improve Our Members’ Financial Lives. Below are a few ways we do so.
- Free financial education outreach programs (adult, youth, Latino, under banked)
- Empower Line of Credit and Empower Checking for those needing to establish/build credit and those who cannot get a checking account elsewhere
- Favorable rates and lower fees on deposit and loan products
- In-house retirement planning and insurance services
- Convenient services (shared branching, mobile banking, online banking)
Our mission has helped us win a few awards recently.
- 1st Place, National Desjardin Adult Education Award, CUNA; 2014
- Top Workplace, Indianapolis Star; 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
- Best Places to Work List (Top 10), Indiana Chamber of Commerce; 2014, 2013, 2012
- Top 200 Healthiest Credit Union by www.DepositAccounts.com
- Louise Herring, Dora Maxwell, and Desjardin Youth and Adult Education Award Recipients, Indiana Credit Union League; 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 Best Practices Award, ICUL; 2014
- Credit Union of the Year, NAFCU; 2009