A Message from our CEO
On Friday, Financial Center Federal Credit Union experienced a malfunction of a storage device resulting in system downtime. This hardware has been replaced.
At no time was your confidential information compromised. There were not any security breaches.
As member-owners, you have a right to know the facts about what occurred. Here are the key points:
- The system failed at 9:22 am on Friday.
- Staff immediately implemented our disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Members were still able to use their debit cards, ATM cards, and VISA cards during the system outage.
- Manual transactions were performed in our Centers to serve members.
- Communication was shared with the membership via email, the Credit Union's website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- The best recovery course of action was selected. This process required additional time and the system was restored with no loss of data.
- At 7:47 pm on Saturday, the system was restored.
Due to this inconvenience, many Credit Union fees incurred from Friday, July 26th through Tuesday, July 30th are being waived and reversed from members' accounts.
Safety and soundness are of the utmost importance, and we feel confident in the solutions we have in place. I hope these facts help describe what transpired at your Credit Union, and I personally apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.