What to do if you have questions about your IRA
Whether you're nearing retirement or just starting out and wondering what to do with your 401(k), our CFS* representatives can make planning for your future easier.
Our CFS* representatives specialize in:
- Retirement plans - Is your retirement timeline reasonable based on your budget and savings?
- Retirement income strategies - How will you make money in retirement?
- IRA rollovers - Is it time to roll retirement accounts from previous employers into something that gives you more control?
- Long-term care plans - How will you or your family afford long-term medical or care needs that may arise as you age?
Confused about IRAs? Here are some answers to a few of your questions.
What is an IRA?
- An IRA (Individual Retirement Account) is a retirement savings vehicle that may offer tax benefits that many people have in addition to or in place of a 401(k).
- IRAs may help you save for retirement either tax-deferred or tax-free.
- IRAs can help you lower your adjusted income and taxes during the wealth accumulation phase.
- IRA funds cannot be accessed without penalty until the account has been open five years and the account holder has reached age 59 and a half.
Financial Center offers secured IRA certificates, which earn a lower rate of return but the principal is guaranteed. This product is offered through the Credit Union, and not our broker dealer. Through our broker dealer, CFS*, you can open an IRA account with investment options that are suitable for you. Your IRA account would not be NCUA insured, but may earn a higher rate of return in comparison to the IRA Certificate.
Financial Center's CFS* Registered Representatives are ready to help you make a plan to achieve your retirement goals. Call 317.916.7730 to schedule your no-obligation retirement review.
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and the SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. The Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.