Shredding Documents Can Help Keep your Information Private
One of the best things that you can do to ensure that your private information stays confidential is to be diligent in shredding documents and materials that contain information that could be used against you to potentially do harm.
Here is a list of specific items to consider shredding for your safety.
- Address labels from junk mail or magazines
- ATM receipts
- Bank statements
- Birth certificate copies
- Cancelled and voided checks
- Credit card bills
- Credit report copies
- Employee pay stubs
- Expired forms of identification
- Luggage tags
- Papers containing your Social Security number
- Pre-approved credit card applications
- Tax forms
- Travel itineraries
- Utility bills
Financial Center will be hosting two free shred days in May. Click here to learn more.